Call 311

article by Charlie London

Some folks lament about how they’ve called and called some nameless person about an issue they are having with the City. Don’t be that guy.

Call 311 but don’t expect the City to drop everything because you have a pothole or other City service issue. There is a serious backlog. So, call 311 or report the issue online at the link below:

Call 311 and explain the situation and the exact location along with specific details then they will email you a reference number.
Then send a photo of the issue along with the item number and details to

You’ll get better results if you call first then email

Mark the issue on your calendar two months later then call 311 and follow up. Yes, I said YOU need to follow up. After all, aren’t YOU the one who wants the issue taken care of?

NOLA-311-smallNew Orleans and City services are getting better. I’ve had excellent response from the City on a number of issues. However, there is not a pot of gold for the City to keep dipping from and there are plenty of issues that need to be attended to all over New Orleans.

While there are always those who will gripe, moan and complain that they didn’t get what they wanted when they wanted it, there is no quick-fix solution. You have to call 311 about problems you notice and you have to follow up on the issue. There is no City employee running around in a pickup truck looking for streetlights that are out, potholes that need filling or storm drains that need to be pumped out. The City needs you to work WITH them and call 311 whenever you see something that needs to be taken care of… and follow up.

Now you call 311 and wait patiently. You can do this.


Call NOLA 311 for Quality of Life concerns

Quality of life concerns should be directed to NOLA 311, which is the City’s primary source of local government information and non-emergency services. For live assistance, dial 311.

NOLA 311 customer service agents are available to assist residents with issues Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., including:

  • Roads/Drainage;
  • Code Enforcement Violations;
  • Trash/Recycling;
  • Abandoned Vehicles;
  • Grass/Tree Service/Park Maintenance;
  • Street Lights/Signs/Signals;
  • Mosquito, Termite, Rodent Control;
  • Taxi Issues;
  • Health Related Questions; and
  • Recreation programs

Short URL:

Posted by admin on Jan 8 2018. Filed under ARTICLES. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google

RSS Charlie’s Neighborhood News
Log in | Designed by Gabfire themes